March 19, 2017
The best in dentistry starts with a dentist in Hancock Park who cares for your oral health needs at each stage of life. From young kids to senior adults, patients should receive thorough exams, professional cleanings and the restorative and cosmetic services necessary for best oral function and aesthetics. Your dentist in Hancock Park, Dr. Benjamin Geller or Dr. Gloria Garcia-Geller, works hard to provide that highly personalized care. What qualities should you look for when selecting a dentist for your family?
Tips on Selecting a Dentist
When you are looking for a new dentist, please consider the following qualities. They are paramount to your making a good selection for your family. After all, healthy teeth and gums are not only vital to your oral health, they are critical to your personal appearance, self-confidence, and systemic health, too.
Please ask yourself these questions:
- Is the dentist well-qualified? Check his or her credentials, including continuing education, on the practice website, or call your state dental association.
- Is the office clean and well-organized? Are the staff welcoming and respectful/ (take a tour if possible)?
- What services are offered?
- Are the office hours convenient to my family schedule?
- What insurances are accepted?
- What financing options are available?
- Does the dentist offer emergency care?
Your First Visit with Your New Dentist
If you have decided to go Geller Dentistry, expect great care in a relaxing environment. A friendly team member welcomes each patient and takes the time to explain your basic care.
You’ll find that Dr. Geller really values oral examinations and hygienic cleanings as the cornerstone of dental health. During each exam, the dentist will:
- Inspect for tooth decay
- Assess the condition of restorations such as fillings, crowns, dental implants and fixed bridgework
- Measure gum pocket depth, checking for periodontal disease
- Look for signs of oral cancer
- Assess jaw joint function and bite (TMJ and bruxism, or tooth grinding)
As part of this semi-annual check-up, a friendly hygienist scales and polishes your teeth, removing sticky plaque and hard tartar on tooth surfaces and at the gum line. In the case of gum disease, deep cleaning and root planing remove tartar and its harmful bacteria.
Additionally, Dr. Geller devises a personalized care plan, based on his or her findings. It details the needs of your entire mouth, incorporating the aesthetic goals you have for your smile. Restorations include:
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Crowns, bridges, and dentures
- Dental implants and implant-supported dentures (Dr. Geller has specialized training in prosthodontics)
- Tooth extractions
- Root canal therapy
Their cosmetic dental treatments include:
- Composite resin bonding to fill cracks, chips, and gaps
- Porcelain veneers to cover heavy stains, fractures, and flaws in tooth shape
- Professional at-home teeth whitening for a brighter smile
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry says children should see a family dentist when they are toddlers. At Geller Dentistry, the team encourages parents to bring their youngsters in by age 2 to meet the dentists and to get used what goes on in the office. Cleanings and exams follow later. The dentist assesses tooth and jaw development and alignment, looking for decay and gum problems. Children, and adults, too, benefit from the anti-cavity protection of plastic sealants and fluoride treatments.
Visit Your Family Dentist
Dr. Benjamin Geller and Dr. Gloria Garcia-Geller and their team enjoy their visits with each patient. They work hard to deliver the right services for each stage of life. Does this husband-wife team sound right for you and yours? Why not contact Geller Dentistry today for a routine check-up and cleaning?
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.