Smile Makeover – Larchmont Village & Hancock Park
Create Your Hollywood Dream Smile
If you wanted to repaint your house, it’s not likely you would instruct painters to choose whatever color they wanted. If you need to repair a scratch on your car, you wouldn’t tell the body shop to fill in the paint with whatever color they have laying around, and when you want to enhance or correct your smile, not just any service will do. Your smile is unique, and your treatment plan should be too. That’s why Geller Dentistry offers Larchmont Village & Hancock Park residents smile makeover plans. These treatment plans are customized to individual smiles and may include any combination of restorative and cosmetic dentistry services. We work one-on-one with patients to determine what their perfect smile would look like and make a treatment plan to get them the smile of their dreams.
What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is a form of cosmetic dentistry that combines both restorative and cosmetic treatments to help you rid your smile of its imperfections. Depending on the severity of the problems, a smile makeover can take anywhere from days to weeks to years. Because every case is different, Dr. Benjamin or Dr. Gloria Geller will perform a thorough exam of your smile to determine which methods of treatment will be most beneficial to receiving the dramatic results you deserve.
What is Often Included in a Smile Makeover?
Most often, a typical smile makeover treatment plan can include any of the following services:
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: Tooth-colored fillings make it possible to avoid shining an unnecessary spotlight on your dental work by using a color-matched composite resin to fill your cavity. Not only does it create a tight seal to prevent future reinfection, but it also blends in beautifully with the rest of your smile.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are an ideal cosmetic solution for concealing multiple cosmetic flaws. These thin, sheaths of dental grade porcelain are attached to the front of teeth creating a picture-perfect smile with minimal preparation and fast results.
- All-Ceramic Restorations: These natural-looking restorations repair damage caused by decay using composite resin fillings or ceramic crowns, inlays, and onlays. Because these materials can be matched to natural tooth color, the results blend seamlessly into any smile.
- At-Home Teeth Whitening: We offer patients professional-grade at-home teeth whitening kits. These kits include custom-made application trays that seal professional whitening gel in and keep saliva out. At-home whitening allows for optimal customization. Patients can adjust whitening gel dosage, wear times, and more to achieve amazing whitening results with minimal sensitivity.
- Dental Implants – The most versatile tooth replacement option, dental implants effectively replace any number of missing teeth from one tooth to a full arch. Implants replace the entire tooth from the root up giving patients natural-looking and feeling, long-lasting results.
- Prosthodontics: Dr. Benjamin Geller is a board-certified prosthodontist. This makes him an expert in tooth replacement offering the most comfortable, durable crown and bridge, full and partial dentures, and other dental prosthetics.
What makes a smile makeover great is the individual treatment plan, but no matter what a smile makeover plan looks like, they all start with a consultation. At the consultation, your dentist will take x-rays, digital images, and examine teeth. Once we have the full picture of your current smile health, we’ll discuss what you would like to change about your smile, answer questions, and make treatment recommendations. We encourage patients to bring photos of smiles that they like. We can use these pictures as a starting point to develop your perfect smile.
Why Choose Dr. Geller for a Smile Makeover?
Led by Dr. Benjamin Geller and Dr. Gloria Garcia-Geller, this husband-and-wife team is licensed and qualified to provide cosmetic dentistry services to the residents of Los Angeles and its surrounding communities.
In choosing Geller Dentistry for your smile makeover, you will not only receive personalized attention and care, but you will also receive treatment in a facility that houses a convenient on-site lab and state-of-the-art dental technology.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Smile Makeover?
If you experience any of the following problems, you are likely to be a qualified candidate for a smile makeover:
- Missing teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
- Gapped teeth
If we discover oral health concerns such as tooth decay, gum disease, or wear from bruxism, these issues will need to be addressed before beginning any cosmetic services.
Remember, when agreeing to undergo a smile makeover, the most important aspect is your oral health. By fixing those issues that can lead to more serious dental problems (i.e. chips, cracks, broken or missing teeth), this will allow you to maintain a healthier, more beautiful smile for longer. Once the more health-related aspects of your smile are fixed, your cosmetic dentist in Larchmont Village can then focus on improving your aesthetics.
Contact Your Larchmont Village Cosmetic Dentist
If you’re ready to transform your look with a smile makeover from Geller Dentistry, don’t hesitate. Call our friendly cosmetic dentist in Hancock Park today. We offer a variety of services to perfect any smile.
Smile Makeover FAQs
Are your imperfect teeth making it hard to talk, smile, or laugh in front of others? If so, chances are you could benefit from a smile makeover. Our dentists have years of experience helping patients smile more brightly with advanced restorative and cosmetic dentistry treatments. Before committing to a smile makeover, we invite you to read through this list of frequently asked questions first.
What Are the Benefits of Smile Makeovers?
Getting a smile makeover may sound like a frivolous, unnecessary process at first. However, revamping your pearly whites can be about a whole lot more than just aesthetics. Problems like chipped, cracked, gapped, or crooked teeth can worsen your oral health in the long run by making them harder to keep clean. Missing teeth will eventually weaken the jawbone, increasing the risk of further tooth loss. A smile makeover can correct these issues and help you maintain a healthy, bright grin.
Smile makeovers might even be able to improve other aspects of your life. Decades of research have proven that people with a full set of straight, white teeth tend to be perceived as more attractive, trustworthy, and successful. One study in particular found that people who underwent a teeth whitening treatment before a job interview were more than 50% more likely to be hired (with higher salary offers too!).
Are Smile Makeovers Expensive?
The price of your smile makeover depends on which procedures you’re receiving. During your consultation with your cosmetic dentist, we can provide you with a cost estimate you can trust, as well as discuss your payment options.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Smile Makeovers?
Similarly, the answer to this question also varies based on which treatments you’re undergoing. If a procedure is considered restorative in nature (that is, not simply cosmetic), then dental insurance may cover a portion of the cost – usually somewhere between 50% and 80%. That said, cosmetic treatments are typically not covered by insurance, as they are not deemed medically necessary.
How Long Will the Results of My Smile Makeover Last?
The lifespan of your smile makeover results will differ based on the specific treatments we perform. Generally speaking, though, the more diligent you are about maintaining your oral hygiene, the longer your results will last. Here are some simple tips for prolonging your beautiful smile for as long as possible:
- Brush your teeth twice daily for two minutes each time, floss at least once per day, and rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash regularly.
- Visit our office for routine dental checkups and cleanings every six months.
- Avoid or limit foods that are particularly hard or sticky, as they can damage real teeth in addition to artificial ones.
- Quit smoking. Tobacco use increases the risk of gum disease, tooth decay, oral cancer, and more. Plus, it stains your teeth.
- Wear a nightguard if you have a habit of grinding and clenching your teeth at night.