Tooth Extraction – Larchmont Village, CA
When Teeth Need to Be Removed
It’s always preferable to save a natural tooth whenever we can. Extraction will seldom be our first choice. But there are situations where having a tooth removed is ultimately the healthiest option for your smile. Don’t worry; our team at Geller Dentistry will make it their goal to keep you calm and comfortable throughout every step of the extraction process. Contact us today to learn more about how we perform tooth extractions as well as what steps we can take to restore your smile afterward.
Why Choose Geller Dentistry for Tooth Extractions?
- Board-Certified Prosthodontist
- Gentle, Honest Approach to Dental Care
- Dental Implants Placed In-House
Why are Tooth Extractions Necessary?
Your permanent teeth are meant to last a lifetime, but there are specific circumstances where they may need to be removed:
- Severe Decay: Decayed teeth can often be repaired with fillings and crowns, but if the decay has caused a severe infection, extraction may be the only way to stop it from spreading.
- Gum Disease: The bacteria in gum disease can weaken the tissues holding your teeth in place. The result is often loose teeth that need to be removed.
- Irreparable Damage: We’ll take whatever steps we can to preserve a tooth that has been injured in an accident. However, an extraction might be needed if the damage can’t be fixed.
- Overcrowded Teeth: It’s sometimes necessary to take out a tooth if there’s not enough room in the mouth for orthodontic realignment.